IBT routinely acts as an independent witness supervising laboratory and on-site testing of curtain walling, windows and related glazing installations. IBT can also undertake the following testing:
- Measurement of roller wave distortion of glass.
- Air tightness, and hence water tightness of roof fixings.
- Relative humidity of flooring substrates and suitability for impermeable coverings.
- Relative humidity of air.
- Surface and sub-surface dampness.
- Surface temperatures.
- The occurrence of condensation.
IBT also retains an AAMA/ CWCT on-site hose test nozzle assembly.
IBT can also arrange and supervise testing including:
- Field water testing of facades.
- Dew point testing of double glazed units.
- Sampling and lab testing of gaskets and sealants.
- Load testing.
- Thermographic surveys to help establish cold bridges and construction defects.
- Endoscope inspection of construction cavities (eg: in cavity brickwork construction).