Services Offered to Building Surveyors
- Augmenting the Building Surveyor's expertise to assist in undertaking work involving the external envelope.
Technical vetting of:
- Detailed designs to help identify possible leakage paths, premature failure mechanisms, and unreliable products & details.
- Contractors' and subcontractors' technical proposals.
- Proposals for inspection, repair and maintenance.
Technical support in connection with:
- Facades, including: curtain walling, windows, glass products; rainscreen cladding; atria roofing and walling; composite cladding etc.
- Roofing, including: profiled metal roofing; standing seam roofing; composite roofing; single ply membranes; felt roofing; asphalt roofing; copper, zinc and lead roofing; and tiled roofing.
IBT can also help tune staff in to key factors to consider as and when they undertake inspections.
- During construction to help verify workmanship and specification compliance.
- Post-construction, in the event of leakage or other defects.
- In connection with planned maintenance, PFI work, and sale of buildings.
For details of services offered for each element of construction, please click on the appropriate bullet point in the Areas of Expertise section of the website or use the Navigation Menu
e-mail IBT for more information.