Services Offered to Specialist Subcontractors
- Provision of independent technical support and opinion as and when required by specialist subcontractors or when requested by their Clients.
Technical vetting of:
- Architect's tender documents and specifications.
- Submissions to the Architect or Main Contractor at tender stage (including assistance with content).
- Subcontractors' technical proposals & drawings, to help identify possible leakage paths, premature failure mechanisms, and unreliable products & details.
Technical vetting and inspections of:
- Manufacture of glass related products.
- Lab testing for weather resistance & acoustics (independent witnessing etc).
- Fabrication & assembly of curtain walling, windows and rainscreen cladding.
- On-site workmanship.
IBT can also assist with trouble-shooting and providing technical support at key meetings.
- During construction to help verify workmanship and specification compliance.
- Post-construction, in the event of leakage or other defects.
- In connection with planned maintenance & PFI work.
For details of services offered for each element of construction, please click on the appropriate bullet point in the Areas of Expertise section of the website or use the Navigation Menu
e-mail IBT for more information.